The Student News Site of Severna Park High School

The Talon

Why you should volunteer at Kinder Farm’s Fall Festival

kinder-farm-graphic-_-alena-carhart

The festival offers many activities to participate in and has thousands of guests attend. “We could not do this without volunteers both student and adult” said Vice President of the Friends of Kinder Farm Park, Mike Lowman. Graphic by Alena Carhart.

It’s that time of the year again when you get to carve pumpkins, make scarecrows, and see all the animals at Kinder Farm’s Fall Festival. The festival offers a variety of fun activities, such as face painting, making scarecrows out of flannels and hay, or snacking on some festive food. Not only could you get merits by volunteering but you could make a kid’s day. Mark your calendars for Saturday, Oct. 8, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. to enjoy a day filled with activities to do at Kinder Farm. You could help with “events for little kids, set up, and closing up” said National Honor Society advisor, Mrs. Hannahs. The event is sponsored by Friends of Kinder Farm Park and the Anne Arundel County department of Recreation and Parks. “We have between 15 and 20 thousand guests attend the festival and the event requires about 400 volunteers to cover all kinds of support activities like face painting, helping with games and crafts, and helping feed volunteers” said Vice President of the Friends of Kinder Farm Park, Mike Lowman. Whether you attend the event or volunteer, you are helping raise money for a good cause. “Funds raised help support the many groups, projects and activities that are offered at the park” said Lowman. For more information about the event and volunteering opportunities go to kinderfarmpark.org .