SPHS home field update

Field completion is in the home stretch

Connor Killeen, Features Editor

As the fields near completion athletes are ready to say goodbye to Kinder, affectionately known as the farm. Students athletes have played and practiced at Kinder for the past 4 years as the school underwent construction. It’s going to be a lot of fun to have a real home field for the first time,” senior and varsity lacrosse player Dom Cipriano said.

It has been four years since SPHS has had a home field or track. Finally, there is evidence that progress is being made. Over the summer the away bleachers were put in adjacent to Robinson Rd. and the track was laid out and paved. This past October, the field lights were placed 100 feet above the ground. The fields are expected to be ready for use this upcoming spring and plan to be used for lacrosse tryouts. Athletes and fans are excited for them to be complete. “ I hope the new fields bring bigger crowds to the games. It’s going to be a lot of fun to have a real home field for the first time,” senior and varsity lacrosse player Dom Cipriano said. He has never played a home lacrosse game in his high school career. “Sure I’m excited to have a new field out of convenience but a home field is just so special, fellow lacrosse player Patrick Fenn said. Although Patrick is only a sophomore he is tired of playing away and is excited for the team’s chances of winning the state championship 3 years in a row.