Prom Fashion Show

Students are gearing up for the annual Prom Fashion Show

Come to the Prom Fashion Show on Jan. 26 at 7 p.m for only $10. Prom Fashion show is Key Club’s largest event and raised a lot of money for the March of Dimes last year. “Prom Fashion Show is an event that benefits the March of Dimes, an organization the helps women with prenatal care and premature babies,” co-committee chair Virginia Babcock said. Photo courtesy of Zoe Huff.

Alena Carhart, Editor in Chief

Come support the Prom Fashion Show which consists of raffles, vendors, dancing and seeing some local students dressed up to the nines. On Jan. 26 at 7 p.m, the show will be held in SPHS auditorium for only $10, but it is encouraged to bring extra money to participate in raffles. “The Prom Fashion Show is an event where Severna Park students can model current fashion trends. It benefits the March of Dimes, a nonprofit organization that does research to prevent birth defects and helps deliver healthy babies,” co-committee chair sophomore Allison Chang said. A representative from the organization will be present.

The SPHS Key Club is putting together the Prom Fashion Show to benefit the March of Dimes. “It is important to me because it supports March of Dimes women and babies but also because it is a really fun event,” co-committee chair sophomore Virginia Babcock said.

Babcock and Chang organized this whole function with the help of their committee. “I contacted places to get the clothes and other vendors…I also try to organize everyone and make sure everyone follows through with what they signed up to do,” Chang said.

This year’s theme is masquerade and will feature an array of dresses, tuxedos and local vendors.  There will be 24 girls modeling dresses and 12 guys modeling tuxedos.“You will get to see some of our seniors and maybe some juniors, get to wear prom dresses and guys will wear tuxedos. You will get to see them walk the stage,” Babcock said, “There will also be a mini dance concert by the school’s dance companies.”

The show will feature dresses from David’s Bridal and tuxedos from Men’s Wearhouse. The event will include vendors LuLaRoe, Bill Bauer Photography, and student entrepreneurs Alyssa Panzer and Erica Szymanski. “I think Prom Fashion Show is a great leadership and community service event. If you’re not a committee leader or model, there’s still so much you can do to help, even if it just means coming to the show,” Chang said, “It’s for a great cause, and I love fashion, so I’m so excited to see the final product in January.”

If you are interested in attending, the show will be held in the SPHS auditorium for only a $10 admission fee but bring some extra for the raffles, vendors, and food. “Most of the vendors are related to prom, so it is perfect for seniors planning their night…Since it’s for such a good cause, I recommend it to everyone,” Chang said.