The Talon

Music Apps Review

Top 5 Streaming Services Ranked

Apple+Music+is+easy+to+use.+Although+paying+that+much+is+a+down+side.+%E2%80%9CApple+music+is+simple+to+use+and+control%2C%E2%80%9D+sophomore+Cameron+Bear+said.+
Apple Music is easy to use. Although paying that much is a down side. “Apple music is simple to use and control,” sophomore Cameron Bear said.

Colin Defeo, Media Manager

Apple Music

Using Apple is very easy and simple to control.  The cost is pretty expensive, to become a member it is $9.99 a month. Immediately that sounds outrageous, but Apple Music allows the user to play and download any song that has ever been published by Apple at any time. Apple is ranked number one because of its reliability and its ease to navigate. It earns a higher rating because it appeals to all ages.

Spotify (Premium)

Spotify comes in at number two because it is not as user friendly for all ages but it is very close to Apple in other measures. Monthly, Spotify is the same price as Apple; $9.99. The main difference between the two apps is that Apple has a larger selection of music due to Apple being more well known by artists and producers. For example, Spotify has none of rapper Jay-Z’s music. 

Sound Cloud

Sound Cloud is a great app, it is 100 percent free but Sound Cloud does not have the same family friendly verifications. For example Sound Cloud does not let the user know if songs are explicit. But an upside of Sound Cloud is that it is home to all of the newest artist’s and especially well known for the remixes of songs created by independent producers.

Pandora

Pandora is very well known, as it was one of the first streaming apps to be produced. It is not ranked as highly as others because of its lack of user choices. If you do not have Premium Pandora you are unable to skip more than 5 songs every 30 minutes. Pandora is more a collection of radio stations than a library of music. Using Pandora is frustrating because you can not select a song that you prefer, it only allows users to play a station with songs that are similar.  An upside of Pandora is that it is that it is free. 

Dat Piff is not a very well known app but that is because the app is mainly used for the newest mixtapes. A mixtape is an album created by a rapper for free and the album isn’t making money from purchases of the song. Dat Piff has gained rankings because recently the app released Lil Wayne’s new album, this is significant because you can not listen to Lil Wayne’s new album on any other app.