The Talon

Severna Park vs. Broadneck Boys Lacrosse

The Falcons defeated the Bruins with a final score of 18-12.

Back to Article
Back to Article

After a goal, Colin Shadowens takes on a draw. Possession after a draw was a key component to winning the game. “We were slow at the start of the game, but after the first half we started to gain possession and picked up our speed,” Shadowens said.

Shelby Schasser, Sports Editor

After a goal, Colin Shadowens takes on a face offs. Possession after a face off was a key component to winning the game. “We were slow at the start of the game, but after the first half we started to gain possession and picked up our speed,” Shadowens said.

After his goal, Jack Thomas celebrates by embracing his teammates. After every goal, the Falcons supported each other by congratulating the scorer. “The energy and motivation of all the players, on and off the field, during the game is unreal,” teammate Collin Taylor said.

Dean Draughn fights to take charge of the ball after a face off. When a ground ball occurred during the game, the Falcons fought to ensure possession in order to advance in the game. “Colin [Shadowens] made it so we dominated possession after each face off, allowing us to control the speed of the game,” teammate Jacob Delaere said.

Trent Bellotte tackles a Bruin, fighting for the ball alongside two other teammates. The aggressive attitude of the Falcons brought energy to the team. “We had lots of energy during the game. It was a moment where we were all pumped up to play our rivals,” Bellotte said.

Jack Thomas falls on the ground, watching his teammates in action. Many of his teammates cheered on the Falcons as they watched the Bruins lose. “Lots of fun. Great time. 10/10 would recommend [watching and cheering on teammates],” teammate Drew Betch said.

Shooting at the goal, Dean Draughn takes an advance towards the Bruins goalie. The Bruins goalie conceded 18 goals during the Severna Park and Broadneck game. “It felt great to beat a team that is constantly referred to as one of the other bests teams in the county. It gave the team confidence and swagger to keep us motivated to win,” teammate Matt Alton said.