The Talon

Nick Carparelli

Nick Carparelli, Editor-In-Chief

My name is Nick Carparelli and I am the Editor-In-Chief for the Talon in my third year at the publication. I enjoy playing baseball, talking sports, politics and making a difference in my community to the best of my abilities. I play varsity basketball and baseball for the school and will hope to play college baseball next year. In the past, I have written sports articles for the Severna Park Voice on local sports teams in the area. This year will have lots of content that the student body can relate to and talk about since this year is a year like no other.    

All content by Nick Carparelli
SPHS is off to a 6-0 start in the shortened “Covid” year. Half way through the season, the team looks promising. 

SP Baseball is Now Number One

Nick Carparelli, Editor in Chief
June 4, 2021
An american waving a Biden flag. Biden won the 2020 election by defeating the incumbent Donald Trump in November.

The Biden Presidency is Underway

Nick Carparelli, Editor-In-Chief
April 29, 2021
Renee Carparelli and her son Nick after voting on Election Day. This years election was Renees first time voting in 7 years. It was brought to my attention how important this election was and how every vote counts and so I though I would do my part, Carparelli said.

2020 Presidential Election Results

Nick Carparelli, Editor-In-Chief
December 10, 2020
Barbara and Chip Elgert, parents of the late Severna Park Superfan Kenny Elgert, stand together sharing what they believe shall be done letting the kids play. Kenny passed away early this past year and has left a mark on Severna Park Athletics. “I feel that with sports coming back, it will see as a sign of victory that we can still live a somewhat normal life during the pandemic,” junior Aidan Milewski said.

Let Us Play!

Nick Carparelli, Editor-In-Chief
October 27, 2020
Ty Broadway wrestling at Regionals against an Old Mill competitor. Broadway finished the season undefeated and won the 4A/3A state title. “It felt like a completed mission, like finishing a 200 point project,” Broadway said.

Undefeated Wrestler

Nick Carparelli, Online Editor
April 23, 2020
Field Hockey Wins It All

Field Hockey Wins It All

Nick Carparelli, Online Editor
November 12, 2019
Cross Country Claims Glory

Cross Country Claims Glory

Nick Carparelli, Online Editor
November 12, 2019
Peter Regala

Golf Team Heads to States

Nick Carparelli, Online Editor
October 14, 2019
Kyle Griffith greets teammate Colin Shadowens after his goal in the first quarter. The game was played at Paint Branch High School in Burtonsville, Maryland.

Boys Lacrosse Does It Again

Nick Carparelli, Sports Media Manager
May 24, 2019
Girls lacrosse piles on top of each other after winning the 4A state title. The game was played at Paint Branch High School in Burtonsville, Maryland

Girls Lacrosse Wins It All

Nick Carparelli, Sports Media Manager
May 24, 2019
 Jackson Merrill gets ready in his stance to field a ground ball. He strives to improve his game in every aspect. “The only way to improve is to get stronger, work hard and never stop trying to get better,” Merrill said.

Jackson Merrill

Nick Carparelli, Sports Media Manager
May 22, 2019
The teamhuddles up before taking the court

Girls Playoff Run is Cut Short

Nick Carparelli, Sports Media Manager
March 6, 2019
The Severna Park bench celebrating a made basket. The showing of their hand represents what hand they scored with on that play, which went on throughout the season. “Look at UConn women, look at Duke men they do the same type of thing, Head coach Paul Pellicani said.

Boys Varsity Moves On

Nick Carparelli, Sports Media Manager
March 4, 2019
Broadway brings his opponent down to the mat aggressively. Broadway has used his quickness to his advantage in matches. “He’s so quick it is ridiculous, for his weight class and his size he’s a step higher than his competition,” teammate Jimmy Hopper said.

Wrestling Stars Take on States

Nick Carparelli, Sports Media Manager
March 1, 2019
Team photo of girls JV winning it all.

Girls JV Basketball Wins It All

Nick Carparelli, Sports Media Manager
February 25, 2019
Anders Hansen greets Nick Carparelli after the falcons 37-33 win against Broadneck on February 15. The Falcons finished the season 14-7.

Boys JV fights until the end

Nick Carparelli, Sports Media Manager
February 25, 2019
JV Boys Basketball team photo.

County Championship is on the Horizon

Nick Carparelli, Sports Media Manager
February 21, 2019
The cheer team doing a stunt at the state championship competition. The team placed tenth in their first ever appearance in states. We made it to states, thats all that matters, Ally Rohrs said.

Cheer Team Makes States

Nick Carparelli, Sports Media Manager
February 14, 2019
Senior Daniel Seeman takes a face off against a Broadneck player. The falcons were very efficient in creating plays off of face offs during the game.

Ice Hockey in the playoffs

Nick Carparelli, Sports Media Manager
February 14, 2019
Load More Stories
Activate Search
Nick Carparelli