Former Falcon returns to the nest to teach in the Math Department

Ms. Jang joins the SPHS Math Department.

Ms.+Jang+was+able+to+travel+to+Boston+this+summer+with+family.+After+long+hours+of+walking+and+touring+around+in+the+hot+day%2C+I+came+across+a+local+coffee+shop+and+asked+for+the+sweetest+iced+coffee+they+served.+The+cup+of+coffee+was+one+of+the+most+refreshing+I+have+ever+had%2C+Jang+said.+

Courtesy Ms. Jang

Ms. Jang was able to travel to Boston this summer with family. “After long hours of walking and touring around in the hot day, I came across a local coffee shop and asked for the sweetest iced coffee they served. The cup of coffee was one of the most refreshing I have ever had,” Jang said.

Hope Cipriano, Staff Writer

What do you teach? Is this your first year as a teacher? 

Foundations of College Algebra and Honors Algebra 2. This is my first year as a teacher! Although this is now I expected my first teaching experience to be, I’m happy and proud to be back at SPHS as a teacher. (I am a former student/graduate of SPHS)

What is your favorite part of being a teacher? 

Getting to teach the content I always loved and interacting with students and getting to know them while doing so.

Do you have any hobbies outside of school? 

I picked up on baking for the first time during quarantine, and it officially became a hobby. I can proudly say I bake some tastey coffee buns!

What was something memorable that happened to you over the summer? 

I took a trip to Boston with my loved ones. It was during a time when many places were starting to reopen and restrictions were getting loosened. To be more safe, we decided to drive there ourselves rather than take a plane. We thought the 8-hour car ride would be very exhausting, but we ended up having an exciting ride, playing games, eating a ton of snacks, and bonding together.

Do you have any family in the area? 

I live with my immediate family in Severna Park.