To All the Teachers Who Got us Through High School

Senior students reflect on their high school experience, and take the time to thank the teachers who impacted them most.

+Maddy+Goger%2C+a+senior+attending+Columbia+University+with+intentions+on+majoring+in+neuroscience+and+biology%2C+is+very+grateful+for+her+AP+Physics+1+%26+2+junior+year+teacher.+%E2%80%9CI+cannot+express+how+grateful+I+am+to+have+had+Mrs.+Cosh+as+a+teacher.+She+made+learning+difficult+topics+so+interesting+and+everyone+loves+physics+because+of+her%21%E2%80%9D

Maddy Goger, a senior attending Columbia University with intentions on majoring in neuroscience and biology, is very grateful for her AP Physics 1 & 2 junior year teacher. “I cannot express how grateful I am to have had Mrs. Cosh as a teacher. She made learning difficult topics so interesting and everyone loves physics because of her!”

Stella Bordone, Staff Writer

Whether it was all the way back in ninth grade, or the last semester of your high school career, we all have that teacher that we will never forget. Throughout these four years, students have faced adversities. From balancing multiple AP classes, to making sure you have every necessary credit to graduate, things can pile up quickly. However, with the right teaching staff and administration who exude positivity, students don’t feel as stressed. Here are some seniors who took the time to voice how specific Severna Park teachers helped them become the student they are today.

“Even though I didn’t have Mrs. Greenlee as a teacher, she was always very warm and welcoming,” senior Ryan Murphy said. “My friends and I would hangout in her room during falcon block and Mrs. Greenlees would always come up to our lab station to talk to us. From just being another teacher in the building she quickly became a good friend that I often stop by to check up on or to tell her about recent things happening in my life. Thank you Mrs. Greenlee.”

“I would like to thank Mrs. Bertinatti for everything she has done for me in my high school experience,” senior Maddie Evans said. “She has definitely made a great impact on my life and I am so thankful for that. Whether it was her teaching study habits or getting us prepared for college, she helped along every step of the way.”

“A teacher who helped me out was Mrs. Mermod,” senior Nick Whitacre said. “ I have never really enjoyed English or been the best at it, but Mrs. Mermod is someone I have always felt comfortable going to. When I was struggling with a heavy course load junior year, I was able to go to her for help, and she even helped me write my college essays.”

“I would like to thank Mrs. Staisloff, my calculus teacher, for helping me through AP Calc BC this year,” senior Sydney Holmes said. “She was always so helpful and understanding when I got confused on a problem or stressed about the workload. Because of her, it is one of my favorite classes!”

“I’d like to thank Mrs. Allam for being my junior year psychology teacher,” senior Liam Hagerty said. “She always made class fun and engaging, making me understand psychology. Thank you Mrs. Allam.”

“I would want to thank Mrs. Bertinatti for always supporting me and my dream to go to San Diego State University,” senior Ashlyn Morris said. “She said I could do it even when I thought I couldn’t, but I worked hard and accomplished it. She was the first teacher I told and she was so proud of me.”

From these few examples for seniors as to how SPHS administration impacted their academic experience, it goes to show how much a great teacher means to students. Kindness does not go unnoticed in students’ eyes. Seniors thank you for making this final year of high school a memorable one!