The Talon

One Act Review

The inside scoop of Severna Park One Acts.

Toni Fiocco-Mizer, Staff Writer

Sammy Sullivan
Rachel Hartley playing Karen sits next to Matthew Bateman playing James during the first scene of her one act. Hartley has done one acts for all three years she has been at the high school. “It was a great experience to work with someone your age as your director and see it all come together,” Hartley said.

Sammy Sullivan
Becca White plays a mother who is ecstatic that her daughter earned the leading role in her school play. White was awarded best female actor in One Acts. “It felt so great to win best female actor the whole experience was really fun I was able to really get into my character,” White said.

Sammy Sullivan
Junior, Jared Smith plays Mr. Quigley who is comforting his wife about the loss of a friend. Smith has been acting in One Acts for 3 years. “I’ve been in One Acts every year and it has consistently gotten better each year and it’s always so much fun to be with your friends having a great time,” Smith said.

Sammy Sullivan
Marie Hilbert plays a devious little sister named Jan who gets her sister in tons of trouble with her boss played by Jared Smith. Hilbert has acted in One Acts for 3 years and also participates in many other productions outside of school. “The director of my one act, Emily Allgair, is an amazing director and cast was so awesome,” Hilbert said.

Sammy Sullivan
Director Zoe Smith, was awarded best One Act and best director with great remarks from the judges. Zoe Smith has been assistant director previously, but this year was her first time directing on her own. “It felt amazing! I was extremely proud of my wonderful cast that put in so much work. All I could do in that moment was thank them because it wouldn’t of been possible without them,” Smith said.

About the Writer
Toni Fiocco-Mizer, Staff Writer

Toni Fiocco-Mizer, is a junior at SPHS, and in her free time she is the captain of varsity soccer. She has played soccer for the school for three years....