The Talon

Amanda Vu

Amanda Vu, Opinions Editor

Amanda Vu is a senior and the Opinions Editor for the Talon. She leads the Chick-fil-A Leadership Club and is president of the National English Honor Society. Passionate about artistic expression, she loves photography, videography, writing and fashion. She interns at the Anne Arundel Medical Center as well as with What’s Up? Magazine, and aspires to be an Emergency Medicine Physician.

All content by Amanda Vu
Senior Caroline Altman Farrell has been an avid chocolate lover since he was a child. Farrell tries to spend time with his family enjoying chocolate every night. “Chocolate has always been a mood-booster for me and I have good memories of enjoying it with family.”

Three Health Benefits of Chocolate

Amanda Vu, Opinions Editor
May 12, 2020
Freshman Krista Gretz started journaling regularly two years ago. Gretz likes to journal whenever she feels stressed or overwhelmed. “I can just write all my thoughts down and it clears my mind, making me feel better afterward,” Gretz said.

Three Amazing Benefits of Journaling 

Amanda Vu, Opinions Editor
April 22, 2020
Senior Sofia Urrutia styling a leopard-print teddy coat. Being a Pinterest-guru. Urrutia looks forward to making her outfits. “I love how the jacket adds an element of chic style to any winter outfit while also keeping me super warm,” Urrutia said.

Winter Wardrobe Tips

Amanda Vu, Opinions Editor
January 14, 2020
Among other activities, Georgetown is a beautiful city known for its renowned restaurants, waterfront views, and sprawling green space. The Exorcist stairs are located in Georgetown, DC. “Looking at all the leaves when they’re changing colors really gets you in the fall mood,” junior Kayla Gretz said.

10 Things To Do This Fall

Amanda Vu, Opinions Editor
October 14, 2019
Explore beauty in a video montage of students here at Severna Park High School.

What is Beauty?

Amanda Vu, Copy Editor
June 9, 2019
 Last year’s senior models lining up for a final picture as the show comes to a close. Behind the spotlight, the band played upbeat music as models walked down the runway. Joe Matthews, band member said, “It’s a really great experience to be able to play music and see how an audience reacts to how you play and how it sets the tone for the evening.”

Let’s Get Glam!

Amanda Vu, Copy Editor
January 30, 2019
Load More Stories

Comments (0)

All The Talon Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest
Activate Search
Amanda Vu