The Talon

Connor Killeen

Connor Killeen , Editor-In-Chief

Connor Killeen is a senior at SPHS and has been with the Talon for the past three years. He is the Editor in Chief and is excited to write for the Talon this year. Outside of school, Killeen races for the Severna Park Varsity Sailing team, participates in Model UN club, and is the corresponding secretary for Student Government Association. Killeen received a Certificate of Merit Gold Circle Award in the fall of 2019 for his piece, “Harvard on the Severn.” Killeen also presented in the spring of 2018 at the CSPA Spring Conference entitled “Newspaper for the Non-Career Journalist.”

All content by Connor Killeen
One silver lining of this quarantine has been the amount of TV students of SPHS have been able to watch. Netflix has announced that 16 million new accounts have been activated since March. “Everyone I know has been nonstop binge watching shows,” James Foxen said. 

Quarantine and Chill

Connor Killeen, Editor in Chief
April 26, 2020
Out of the Park: Scrub Immortality

Out of the Park: Scrub Immortality

Connor Killeen, Editor-In-Chief
February 24, 2020
Out of the Park: Championship Weekend

Out of the Park: Championship Weekend

Connor Killeen, Editor-In-Chief
February 24, 2020
Out of the Park: Joey Brackets

Out of the Park: Joey Brackets

Connor Killeen, Editor-In-Chief
February 24, 2020
Out of the Park: Super Bowl Preview

Out of the Park: Super Bowl Preview

Connor Killeen, Editor-In-Chief
February 3, 2020
Starting this year incoming freshmen will take a Global Community Citizenship class, curbing enrollment in other electives. Before the 2019-20 school year students were required to have completed health, a gym credit and an art credit before graduation. “In years past we may have offered four sections of criminal justice, now we are offering three…It nibbled at each department instead of taking out a whole class,” Lindsay Abruzzo said.

Dropped Classes

Connor Killeen, Editor-in-Chief, Digital Edition
September 3, 2019
 Incoming freshmen are being forced to take Global Community Citizenship, limiting classes that are offered.  In the past high schoolers were required to have completed Health, a gym credit and an art credit before graduation. “In years past we may have offered four sections of criminal justice, now we are offering three…It nibbled at each department instead of taking out a whole class,” Lindsay Abruzzo said.

Dropped Classes

Connor Killeen, Online Editor in Chief
June 12, 2019
This year many upperclassmen are stressing over studying for AP exams. Past scores from SPHS show that the majority of students perform well on AP tests despite the stress they cause. “Its very stressful, I am taking four AP exams over the course of two days,” junior Elliot Skopp said.

The Start of AP Week Testing

Connor Killeen, Online Editor in Chief
May 6, 2019
STAR Week was first launched in 2007. Now 12 years later, SPHS celebrates STAR week every April. “I decided to join STAR because I saw the problems the students are facing with mental health and I wanted to take action. I felt as if I had to do something,” ambassador Sabina Khan (‘20)  said.

Star Week Preview

Connor Killeen, Online Editor in Chief
April 1, 2019
Senior Jake Hilliard successfully completes a chase-down block against Spalding senior, Alex Green.

Scrub Playoff Highlights

Connor Killeen, Online Editor in Chief
February 15, 2019
Senior Superlative Winners

Senior Superlative Winners

Connor Killeen, Online Editor in Chief
January 11, 2019
Alex Miller reaches up to the rim as he throws down. Hes basically the next Scottie Pippen, said Matt Mangano.

Scrub Week 4

Connor Killeen, Online Editor in Chief
December 17, 2018
Junior Jeremy Simon dribbles towards the bench  after the Pacers call a time-out

Scrub Season Kick-Off

Connor Killeen, Online Editor in Chief
December 3, 2018
Juniors Pat Fenn and Angela Gelfand start the 5k walk at Severna Park Elementary.

Phoebe Ward Memorial Run

Connor Killeen, Online Editor in Chief
October 3, 2018
Boat 3 (SPHS) crosses the starting line in 3rd place as the race begins.

SPHS Sailing Regatta

Connor Killeen, Online Editor in Chief
May 4, 2018
 As the fields near completion athletes are ready to say goodbye to Kinder, affectionately known as the farm. Students athletes have played and practiced at Kinder for the past 4 years as the school underwent construction.  Its going to be a lot of fun to have a real home field for the first time,” senior and varsity lacrosse player Dom Cipriano said.

SPHS home field update

Connor Killeen, Features Editor
December 1, 2017
Load More Stories
Activate Search
Connor Killeen