The Talon

Freshman on Girls Varsity Lacrosse

Kaila Stasulli steals the spotlight as a defender on Varsity.

+Kaila+Stasulli+is+a+defender+on+girls+varsity+lacrosse+even+though+Stasulli+is+only+a+freshman.+%E2%80%9CBeing+on+varsity+is+definitely+a+challenge+but+it+is+also+very+fun%2C%E2%80%9D+freshman+Stasulli+said.%0A
Back to Article
Back to Article

Freshman on Girls Varsity Lacrosse

Kaila Stasulli is a defender on girls varsity lacrosse even though Stasulli is only a freshman. “Being on varsity is definitely a challenge but it is also very fun,” freshman Stasulli said.

Colin Defeo, Media Manager

Beginning in first grade, freshman Kaila Stasulli has been playing lacrosse. “My friends and I would always watch the high school girls team play and we fell in love with the sport,” Stasulli said. In addition to the Severna Park HS team, Stasulli also plays club lacrosse for Maryland United, “I played Green Hornets from 1st to 5th grade and have now played for Maryland United since 6th grade,” Stasulli said.

“Our season is going really well, we are playing against Arundel on Monday,” Stasulli said. One of Stasulli’s brightest memories of the season was the victory over the Broadneck Bruins. Beating Broadneck is always an accomplishment for any SPHS team, “My favorite memory is winning against Broadneck, one of our biggest rivals. It was a very exciting game,” Stasulli said. The girls were undefeated in the county all season long, but then lost to South River for the county championship. After last year’s loss at states, the girls are hoping for a better outcome, “We hope to go on to the state championship again this year,” Stasulli said.

Many juniors and seniors have commited to play lacrosse in college, to schools such as Johns Hopkins, Jacksonville University, and Penn State. Similar to her teammates, Stasulli wants to play at the next level, “my goal is to play in college, I am very indecisive on where, but I am looking at a lot of colleges,” Stasulli said.