The Student News Site of Severna Park High School

The Talon

The Talon

The Talon

Recent Sports Scores

Dive into D.C.’s Museum Wonderland: A Teen’s Guide

All aboard the Amtrak adventure!
A+picture+of+the+interior+of+the+Smithsonian+Museum+of+Natural+History+located+in+Washington+D.C.+
Robert Urteaga
A picture of the interior of the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History located in Washington D.C.

Are you ready for an epic museum-hopping experience in the heart of D.C.? Hop on the Amtrak and get ready to explore five must-visit museums that promise a perfect blend of history, art, and excitement!

First, we have the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum. For an out-of-this-world adventure it is perfect for those who are interested in space history as well as the more science focused aspects to space exploration. From moon landings to space shuttles, this museum is a celestial journey that will leave you starstruck. Especially don’t miss the flight simulators – they’re a real blast!

Next we have the National Museum of American History, your ticket to America’s rich past. Get up close and personal with artifacts that shaped the nation’s story, from the Star-Spangled Banner to Dorothy’s ruby slippers. Interested in how our country was founded or the Civil War? This museum is for you.

Furthermore, the National Gallery of Art is perfect for budding art buffs and those interested in art culture. This museum has a painting illustrated by Leonardo da Vinci, making it a must-see for those interested in classic art! Fun fact: Admission is free, making it a masterpiece for your wallet too!

The International Spy Museum is ideal for those looking to expand their knowledge on the inner world of espionage. Dive into the world of gadgets, famous spies and undercover missions.

Lastly there is the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History. This museum is perfect for anyone interested in everything regarding the natural world. From a royal lion skull to moon rocks, a famous gorilla, and Darwin’s pigeons this museum provides an exceptionally educational trip all while being fun and captivating!

Traveling to these museums is a breeze- you just pay a small fee, hop on the Amtrak and you’re practically there. Taking a Saturday to visit the nation’s capital is the perfect way to learn as well as have a blast!